Home » Behind The Scenes
5 Things You Didn't Know about Glen Case
What made you want to get into the cigar business?
- It was one of those mid-life crisis’. I’ve always enjoyed a good cigar and decided to pursue, what was an interest at the time; but it quickly turned into a passion.
How did select the name Kristoff?
- That’s the first time I’ve been asked that…LOL. It’s actually named after our son Christopher. My Brittania Reserva is named after my daughter Brittany.
Who makes the big decisions at Kristoff?
- Good, bad or indifferent, it’s me…LOL. Seriously, the buck stops with me when it comes to making decisions. That being said, it doesn’t mean I don’t seek feedback from customers, sales reps, other manufactures, etc. It is totally unrealistic if you think you know everything or ever will. It is surrounding yourself with good people, colleagues and friends who know more than you do.
Is your background in the cigar industry?
- I spent nineteen years in the corporate world; all in the financial services industry. The last nine years of my career, I spent as an executive at one of the top five banks in the country. I actually started in this industry as an independent sales rep. However, it was only about six months later that I decided I wanted to come out with my own cigar line. That was over 8 years ago.
What do you do in your downtime?
- Downtime? What's that?... LOL. These days between traveling for cigar events, overseeing the operations of the business, and working to develop new blends it's very rare that I have any downtime. But when I do take time off my first priority is always my family. Recently we've gotten a lot more involved in camping -- it's a great way to kick back and relax. If we're not enjoying the great outdoors with the RV I'm probably relaxing in my new cigar lounge at home.